July 14-19, 2018
Remember playing outside as a kid? Before iPhones and the internet? We remember. And we believe in the good old-fashioned awesomeness. Your kids will, too, after a great time of music, crafts, friends, team-building games and fun outdoor memories.
July 22-24, 2018
Early elementary kids love this not-too-long taste of camp. Adventures with friends include campfires, cabin times, singing action songs, decorating cookies, making crafts, playing team games and growing in confidence!
July 28-Aug 2
We’re pretty sure our massive 200-foot slip-‘n’-slide will be a highlight this summer. Not to mention the wide games, improv dance parties, octoball showdowns, low ropes course activities, or dirtboarding.
Are all camps overnight?
How is registration confirmed?
Can I cancel a completed registration?
We’re able to issue partial refunds if your child can’t attend a registered session- send requests to email@example.com. Please note that crediting the funds back can take up to a few business days.
Are sponsorships or subsidies available for those with financial need?
Does my child (or myself) need to have a professed faith to attend Pineridge?
How does Pineridge screen its staff?
Volunteers in roles not likely to involve one-on-one contact (eg: kitchen staff) have reduced requirements, though we strongly encourage ALL our camp volunteers to complete Plan to Protect training to be on the safe side. While we acknowledge that no camp is perfect in recruiting and supervision, we do consider camper well-being to be an overwhelming priority.
What if a camper misbehaves?
Can campers come and go?
What should campers not bring?
Our other requests are related to common sense and courtesy for others (eg: no lighters, knives, drugs, magazines, etc). We recognize that every family has their own standards for judging what is and isn’t appropriate, but we ask that campers consider the feelings and views of others regarding things like clothing and reading materials.
If camp leaders sense that something is a concern, they will talk to the camper or contact the parents/guardian to address it with sensitivity and reasonableness.
What should campers bring?
(1) Weather-appropriate clothes, including swimwear and shoes.
(2) Two or more towels (one for outdoor use, one for showers).
(3) Personal toiletry items (shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, etc).
(4) Comfort items like stuffed animals, journal, or flashlight.
(5) Bedding including a foamie/air-mattress, sleeping bag, pillow.
Please note that our bunks DO NOT have mattresses. They are hard plywood structures. Campers must bring their own foamie/air-mattress and warm bedding including pillow. If getting a mattress/bedding out to camp will be an issue please give us advance notice and we will do our best to accommodate.
In the event of an emergency, our legal address is 704068 RR62, County of Grande Prairie.
The coordinates for the main gate are:
Latitude – 55º05.702′. Longitude – 118º 48.899′.
Send all mail care of the Grande Prairie Church of Christ: c/o 9602 92 Ave, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0H4
Pine Ridge Adventure Camp
Directions from Grande Prairie:
1. Head south on HWY 40 towards Grande Cache. Take your first right after the correction line road (668). You will see the banner for Tamarack RV Park on your left.
2. Take an immediate right onto the service road marked RR 62. Drive to the end (just past the gate for Wapiti Nordic Ski Trails).
3. We are the green gate next to the Pineridge sign. Can’t miss us.
4. Follow the driveway .5 km to the centre of camp and check-in at the office or with the Camp Director.